Friday, January 30, 2009

Strength Training - building the habit

September 2009

How to turn Goals Into Habits. Worth a read, but in summary: Be Specific, Start With a 30-Day Trial, Eliminate Interference, Identify Supporting Habits, Commit Yourself Publicly.

Challenge:
Upper body strength training every other day for 30 days straight.

Reward:
Hire a house cleaner (no, not full time of course! Just once a fortnight (14 days) for a couple hours, for yucky stuff like washing the walls, floors, under the couch, ya know).

Okay, I have become lazy in strength training habits, traded it for running. I would like to be sufficient in both. Wish me luck! The Reward is certainly worth it, eh?

**UPDATE: Okay, so I haven't gotten to the best start. In fact, I did one day, off two, on two in a row, off four in a row. NOT GOOD.

I best set up the dates for this, starting today. Sept 16, 18, 20, 22, 25, 26, 28, 30, Oct 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16.

No comments: