Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Beginning and the Plan

12 Jan 2009

I write to you today from the house of my sister, in Utah. Cold, wet, miserable winter. I cannot wait to be reunited with Johnny - the love of my life. He had to stay home and work, while I visit my family in the US. Not exactly my idea of a vacation, but looking forward to getting back home.

So basically, here's the plan:

1. Get this vacation done and over with and get back home!

2. Get organized, start planning, and stick with it.

3. Lose 30 lbs.

I've put a lot more thought into it, but honestly, all this planning isn't doing me any good.
Thursday the 22nd I'll be getting home on the same day that I have to be to work at the school. I'll be exhausted after the long flight(s) from Salt Lake City, Utah to Brisbane Via Denver, LAX and Melbourne - all alone with my three children under 7. What was I thinking?!? Anyway:

GOAL: GET MY BODY IN SHAPE

DATE TO ACCOMPLISH: 1 AUGUST 2009
  • I've already started exercising 3-4 times a week.
  • I've already stopped snacking in the mornings.
  • I've already commenced eating 3 square meals a day plus snacks.
  • Next step: Overcome night snacking.

My mini-goal for this week is to overcome night snacking. Date to accomplish: 20 January. How should I do this?

What to do if I want to eat past 8pm?

  1. Drink a glass of ice water.
  2. Brush my teeth.
  3. Blog.
  4. Stretch.
  5. Go for a walk.

Wish me luck!

No comments: