Monday, January 12, 2009

About Me

Hello!
My name is Annalisa.
I'm 29.
Bit scary that I'm in the last year of my twenties!
But I'm up for it!

I am lucky enough to reside in the Sunshine State.
No, not Florida.
Not California.
Queensland.
Australia.

I was born and bread in west coast US, but after falling in absolute love with a homegrown Aussie boy, here I am. How lucky am I?!


Mother of 3 beautiful kids.
Cadyn, 11.
Lanaya, 9.
Gracie, 6.
They're gorgeous.









I want this blog to capture my journey.
MY journey that is complicated.
It has been a very interesting one.

I have so many different angles and perspectives I am coming from.

I was adopted at birth.
Raised in a cult called Mormonism.
My dad died when I was 15.
I moved out after that.
I have been a hateful drugo.
A rebellious harlot.
A very young mom....
A single, divorced and pregnant mom....
*Deep breath*
A single mom of two (under 3), working full time driving 300 miles a day, while attending part-time University and doing in-home day care with for kids round the 24-hour clock (with a friend).
*Phew!*
(God MUST have been looking out for me that year!
Because I would NOT have survived it without Him.)

I have been an Oregonian.
A Washintonian.
A Utahn.
A Californian.
A Coloradonian (?)
And now an Australian : )

Today I am a Christian.
A Born-Again Spirit Filled Christian.
A Jesus follower.
Saved.
Loved.
Free.

And finally today, I have found my journey's rest in this:
I am a PT working mum and housewife.
Learn-to-Swim Teacher of babies, toddlers, and primary school kids.
President of a community gardening club.
Family Organiser.
Weight-loss Warrior.
Salvation Army church member.
Super Mum.

But most of all:

I am a daughter of the Most High King.
Creator of the Universe!
God Almighty.

I feel pretty powerful :)

However, I have to inform you - I am painfully HUMAN.
I make mistakes. Sometimes daily.
Sometimes hourly.
Sometimes I never stop!
But one thing I can be sure of.
I can keep trying not to make so many mistakes.
I can press on in joy.
In freedom.
Through the good times, and especially the bad, I can claim the peace which is mine through Christ.

And from now on I regard no one from a worldly point of view.
Though I once regarded Christ in this way, I do so no longer.
I am a new creation in Christ;
the old has gone, the new has come!
All this is from God, who reconciled me to himself through Christ
and gave me the ministry of reconciliation:
that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ,
not counting our sins against us.
And He has committed to me the message of reconciliation.
I am therefore Christ's ambassador.
- 2 Corinthians 5:16-20

No comments: